The Congregational Care Committee of HPUMC was revitalized in 2019 and is now very active in our church. The mission of the committee is to provide Christian care, contact and comfort to parishioners who are in need of support. The vision of the committee is that all parishioners feel the love and care of Christ through our ministry to their needs.
In order to fulfill our mission, we will:
• Maintain phone contact with home bound parishioners
• Provide rides to doctor appointments (when possible)
• Visit homes of home bound parishioners (when possible)
• Send cards to parishioners who cannot attend services
• Provide meals in times of emergencies
• Keep contact with young adults in college
• Provide communion to home bound
We believe this committee provides a much-needed service for some of our congregants we might otherwise not reach.